MY PLEDGE TO QUALITY SERVICE
- To exclusively represent your interests, the home buyer.
- To keep confidential your financial information and price intentions.
- To consult with you to determine the type and location of property that will meet your needs.
- To diligently search for the type and location of property that meets your needs.
- To point out the strengths and weaknesses of properties we see together.
- To give you my undivided trust, loyalty and confidence.
- Supply updated information in local real estate practices.
- To negotiate, exclusively on your behalf as the home buyer, the best possible purchase price, terms and other pertinent conditions.
- Provide information on neighborhoods, community activities, school systems, and demographics.
- Supply you with only homes that match your family’s criteria.
- If necessary, assist you to find a mortgage lender that offers the best home loan for you.
- Keep you informed of new home communities that may fit your criteria.
- Be by your side through the entire process.
AS YOUR DEDICATED BUYERS AGENT,
IT IS MY GOAL TO FIND YOU THE PERFECT HOME AT THE BEST POSSIBLE PRICE.
Whether it is within one month or one year, i have the patience and commitment to find you the right home at the right time.
THE SIX DIFFERENCES THAT SET US APART FROM ANY OTHER AGENT
1. I will sit down with you for every real estate documentation signing to ensure transparency so you are clear on what is being asked of you to sign. I am extremely proficient on real estate disclosures and documentation pertaining to your transaction.
2. I will follow up with a telephone call after every important e-mail is sent to ensure good communication and understanding.
3. Because I value your time and will be giving you stellar service, I will analyze and physically preview properties that suit your needs prior to our showing appointment.
4. Our team offers the most advantageous personalized Home Finders Service giving you the same advantage as a Realtor.
5. We have a full-time dedicated Transaction Coordinator to professionally service your file along with myself to ensure all seller’s information and disclosures are conveyed and transparent within the required time frame.
6. I pride myself on availability through the most convenient forms of communication for you. i.e. telephone, e-mail, text messaging.
It’s a must to have the property thoroughly inspected by a certified Home Inspector. Details of the Home Inspection to follow in the next section.
PEST – TERMITE INSPECTION
It is common to have a licensed inspector perform and complete a pest control report on the subject property.
PRELIMINARY TITLE REPORT
This report will review all areas of ownership for the subject property, such as the legal description, tax liens, bonds and assessments, CC&R’s (Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions), easements, vesting and exceptions.
If you are obtaining a loan to purchase the property, the mortgage lender will demand an appraisal from a licensed appraiser to obtain a 3rd party opinion as to the current market value of the property.
NATURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARD DISCLOSURES
A report from a licensed firm will be generated to disclose any known issues regarding the environment and location of the property.
The seller is required to complete several questionnaires and disclosures and is obligated to disclose to you, the buyer, all facts, and any possible issues the property may have.
In addition to the seller’s disclosure, the seller’s agent and the buyer’s agent are required to walk through the home and make visual inspections and notations of any corrective items that they may notice.
HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION DISCLOSURES (IF APPLICABLE)
If the subject property is located in a Homeowners Association (HOA) community, then the property manager working for the HOA, and under the direction of the Seller, is to supply you all the current HOA disclosures and documentation information for your review and approval.
MELLO-ROOS DISCLOSURES (IF APPLICABLE)
If the subject property is located in a Mello-Roos district, a report will be generated which will state the current Mello-Roos Tax Gee’s.
HOME INSPECTION: WHAT TO EXPECT
What kinds of things should worry you?
This is somewhat of a personal comfort level, but keep the following in mind when we talk about asking the seller to fix anything.
- Major systems are the most important and most likely to be fixed by the seller if necessary.
- Decorating and/or personal preference items are not likely to be addressed by the seller.
- Minor concerns could go either away, like broken window seals, leaky faucets, downspouts, etc.
• Forwards the deed to the title company for recording.
• Is notified by the title company that a policy of title insurance can be issued showing title to the property is vested in the name of the buyer.
HOW DOES THE ESCROW PROCESS WORK?
HOW DO I OPEN AN ESCROW?
As soon as you execute your purchase, I will open escrow for you and the escrow company will generate the joint escrow instructions for your review, approval and execution. Then, I will place your initial deposit into the official escrow account. Your purchase agreement/joint escrow instructions represent your written statement to the escrow holder. Escrow will also require that title insurance be provided for the protection of your new home.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHERE MY MONEY HAS GONE?
Written evidence of your deposit is generally included in your copy of the purchase agreement/joint escrow instructions. Your funds will then be deposited in a separate escrow or trust account and processed through a local bank.
- Title insurance premium-owners policy
- Real estate commission
- Documentary transfer tax (e.g. $1.10 p/$1,000 of sales price-may vary by area/state)
- Any city transfer/conveyance tax (recording tax)
- Payoff of all loans in seller’s name (or existing loan balance if being assumed by buyer)
- Interest accrued to lender being paid off
- Statement fees
- Reconveyance fees and any prepayment penalties
- Termite work (according to contract)
- Home warranty (according to contract)
- Seller’s portion of escrow fee
- Any judgments, tax liens, etc. against seller
- Tax proration (for any taxes unpaid at the time of title transfer)
- Any unpaid homeowner’s dues (can be paid by either buyer or seller)
- Recording charges to clear all documents of record against seller
- Any bonds or assessments (according to contract)
- Title insurance premium-for lender’s coverage
- Termite inspection – according to contract (can be paid for by either buyer or seller)
- Buyers portion of escrow fee
- Notary fees
- Homeowner’s transfer fee (usually about $175)
- Inspection fees (roofing; property inspection, Geological etc. – usually about $300)
- Home warranty (according to contract)
- City transfer/conveyance tax (according to contract)
- Fire insurance premium for first year
WHAT IS MELLO-ROOS
HOW MUCH IS MELLO-ROOS IN ORANGE COUNTY?
It can vary from about $400 per year on up to about $3,000 per year dependent upon the city, community and the lot. Many communities have no Mello-Roos at all
HOW DO I ESTIMATE THE MELLO-ROOS WHEN BUYING A HOME?
During the Escrow process, the Seller will deliver a disclosure which will state in writing the exact amount of the Mello-Roos fee. I can also estimate the Mello-Roos prior to making an offer on a home.
HOW IS THE MELLO-ROOS TAX PAID?
The Mello-Roos is included in your normal tax bill which is billed to you twice per year.
DOES THE MELLO-ROOS TAX GO UP WHEN I SELL MY HOME?
No, unlike the Prop 13 portion of your property tax, the Mello-Roos portion of your property tax does not change when you sell your home.
CAN I DEDUCT MELLO-ROOS PAYMENTS FROM MY INCOME TAX?
Most Tax accountants are of the opinion that the Mello-Roos tax is not legitimate income tax deduction. Please consult with your Tax Advisor for final determination.
HOW LONG DOES MELLO-ROOS TAX STAY IN EFFECT ON MY HOME?
Typically, the Mello-Roos assessment is written for about 15 to 25 years dependent on the community facilities district. Although, many of the districts have the right to renew the Mello-Roos tax if needed.
MY COMMITMENT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We will donate 10% of our commission to the seller’s charity of choice after the close of escrow
- Alzheimer’s Disease Research
- American Cancer Society
- American Indian Relief Counsel
- AMFAR AIDS Research
- Arthritis Foundation
- ASPCA FoundationBoys Town
- Child Fund
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund
- Christian Appalachian Project
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Disabled Veterans
- Easter Seals Disability Services
- Feed The Children
- Feeding America
- Habitat for Humanity
- Help Hospitalized Veterans
- Hope Services
- Laura’s House – Ending the Silence of Domestic Violence
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Memorial Sloan Cancer Center
- Mercy Home For Boys and Girls
- Narcotic Educational Foundation of America
- National Cancer Research Center
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- National Law Enforcement Officers>
- National Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- National Parks Conservation Association
- National Veterans Foundation
- National Wildlife Federation
- Orange County Area Annual Fund Drive
- Orange County Pet Rescue
- Orange County Rescue Mission
- Orangewood Children’s Foundation
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Salesian Missions “Feed The Hungry”
- Save The Children
- Special Olympics
- Joseph Indian School
- The American Legion
- The Humane Society of United States
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society